Tuesday 8 September 2009

The Quest for Stardom

My word I have become Slack Alice. I apologise for not writing for ages then I follow it by not writing for ages. So what's been going on?
I attended a course on new musical theatre which was really good, I directed Little Women the Broadway Musical in a week then went to visit Bath and Cornwall and now I am back and about to record a demo CD. Thunderbirds are GO!

Bath is amazing - I just hope the next time I am there it is because I am filming a period drama! And I hope Rupert Penry Jones is near by....

Talking of which he was in the dire 'Match Point' last night - for ONE whole scene! Oh Rups!! Mind you I think i would take a part with one scene to be opposite the beautiful Johnathan Rhys Meyers. Although I would have to hold back the laughter from the terrible acting. Shouting does not a King of England make.

Anyway enough of this nonsense. Everyone must take notice of a fabulous young composer called Michael Bruce. He worked with us on my course and he is destined for great things - there is a concert of his work in London on November 1st which I won't get to see as I'll be in Norfolk working but please go!!

New headshots came through this week - I'm really happy with them but my word where are I finding the money??? Becoming an actor is so expensive....

No comments:

Post a Comment