Sunday 14 June 2009

The Quest for Stardom

So this week amongst my various jobs (babysitting, teaching drama, childrens entertaining, working at a creche, promotional work...) I tried to work out what various courses to do to improve my skills.

Yes leaving drama school does not mean you are a finished product, oh no!

I have taken up various instruments this year (EVERY job wants actor musicians at present!) I have taken various classes at the Actors Centre and tried my best to get to Pineapple (you have to pay in cash for that though and it is so much more painfull letting go of actual real money isn't it?!) I have even gone back and joined in with some dance classes at my old dance school surrounded my young mums and the elderly (surprisingly good fun!)

I have tried to work out whether at present it is worth doing a showcase course at either the Actors Centre or maybe a shoewreel course Pinewood or maybe just a course on acting for TV/film to try and learn/brush up said skills before being introduced to important people. (I did decided on the latter option). The big thing with lots of the courses is they get big names in for you to network with but I am not sure if it is wise to be seen whilst you are still learning the techniques they would expect of you.

The big thing though is that this all costs MONEY

ARGH!!!

One must invest in one's career (although how many actually make back all they spent out in the first place...?)

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment