Thursday 25 June 2009

Superstar's Search for Love

OK so what with all the frantic attempts to make money and get work it is very hard for even superstar such as myself to meet any nice (straight and single) guys. A friend recently put me on this site called 'My Single Friend' which is a brilliant idea for the world of Internet dating. Rather than going through the embarrassing ordeal of writing a profile about why you are really cool and crap like that, your friend puts you on there with a lovely profile (if you have a nice friend) about why they don't understand you are single.

I needed some initial coaxing of course but then I figured nothing ventured nothing gained. So what you do once you have your profile is you search age, area etc and from those guys you read their profile and either 'favourite' them or message them. 'Favourite-ing' is free but messaging costs so I figured lets just 'favourite' and see if they 'favourite' back (after being told by a friend that is how he is having success - once someone favourites back you know to message). So I figured right I will 'favourite' as many as I like and at least then I'll get a few. 56 'favourites' later I feel excited at the prospect of attractive men expressing equal interest. 2 weeks went by...nothing...

Could it be that I am over-reaching? Or are THEY over-reaching? Or do they even bother with this 'favourite' business.

Well, after biting the bullet and paying up for a month of messaging I found that yes indeed they don't bother with 'favourite-ing' or at least straight guys don't (the friend that had all the success with it was gay). A few messaged back - a lot didn't even read them which means they don't pay anyway. I had one semi-disastrous date out of it and her I sit now watching Neighbours, no further forward but I suppose I'm not really bothered anymore - the novelty wore off quickly!

Ah well...

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment