Saturday 6 August 2011

The Perfect Shuffle

'Every day I'm shuffling'
WELL today is a day of note. Today is a day of the perfect shuffle. No I'm not talking about those crazy LMFAO chaps but of the dangerous world of the ipod's shuffle function. I say dangerous because as anyone who uses their ipods for work, namley teaching children, will know there is a whole chunk of music on that thing that you do not want to be stuck listening to on a crowded, standing room only train when you can't reach your ipod to skip or, indeed, just can't be bothered. I know this sounds vaguely lazy, and maybe it is, but the perfect shuffle is without the need to skip tracks and it is incredibly rare with the ticking time-bomb that is my itunes music library. I could be one minute listening to something great and the next minute I may have to contend with, 'The Wheels on the Bus' or anything from Hannah Montana's oeuvre. This being said, of course I have some guilty pleasures on there. The first that springs to mind is he soundtrack to 'Summer Holiday'; I'm sorry you try listening to that album and not gain a spring in your step for the day ahead.
So today I am on the train and I decide, "Why not? Let's try the shuffle function, I haven't dabbled in a while, what's the worst that can happen?" On comes the first song...'No Scrubs' by TLC, Oh My Word I have not heard this song in years! I have instantly been transported to being a teenager again, bliss. Next up, Ash 'Oh Yeah' and Oh Yeah I am staying in my teenage years and I'm happy until up pops 'Rebel Rebel' David Bowie - Oh I could not have planned it any better unless it was Magic Dance from the Labyrinth soundtrack. This is going too well though - surely a skip is going to be in need soon...but no here we go, 'BOOM SHAKE THE ROOM'! I'm already planning the celebration blog of which you are reading when up pops, 'Spiderwebs': No Doubt, 'Set You Free': N-Trance, 'Don't Look Back into the Sun': The Libertines and then only to finish on the 10minute version of 'Bat out of Hell' by Meat Loaf. A 'No Skip Day' and apparently, I later hear on the radio, today is the 'happiest day of the year'.

No comments:

Post a Comment